Sunday 11 July 2010

FOTD and My failed attempt at making a salt spray

Hi

I decided last night that I was going to attempt to make a salt spray for my hair. I've been wanting to try one for a while cause I love that beachy wave look but I've got super straight hair. I only had a little 100ml spray bottle but I thought I would still give it a go and if it worked I could get a bigger bottle.

So I poured my 100ml of water into my little measuring jug and added 1tsp of sea salt. I stirred it all together until the salt had dissolved and then poured it into my spray bottle and screwed on the lid. When I tried to get it to spray though it wouldn't work!
I tried everything I could to get it to spray but it just wasn't happening :( So in the end I just poured a little of the water onto my hand at a time and scrunched it into my hair. Then I split my hair into sections and put lose pleats in my hair so that they could dry over night.

This morning I jumped out of bed and whipped the baubles out to see if my hair had worked. I was quite impressed with the results, I don't think it was anything to do with the salt really more the fact my hair had been wet and left to dry, but my hair had a nice wave to it. The right side looks slightly better than the left so I've put it up with a nice flowery bauble cause I'm feeling very summery today!


I'm going to go and get another spray bottle that works and give this another go. Think I might also buy a salt spray and see how it compares.

Now on to my face of the day!



I've only got this one picture cause my camera died half way through taking the pictures.

Face

Bourjois Illuminating Gel in Caramel
Sleek Contour kit in Light
The Colour Warehouse blusher (doesn't have a name but its a kinda pinky colour)
Natural Collection Cover Up Creme in Fair

Eyes

Sleek Original Palette (purple shadow)
Sleek Bohemian Palette (light cream and purple shadow)
Prestige iQuad in Electronic (light pinky/purple)
Elizabeth Arden gel eyeliner in black
Rimmel 1,2,3 Looks mascara
Benefit Eyebright

xx

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I need to give this a go. Hair looks fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sea salt spray worked :)

    If you do want to buy an actual sea salt spray, try the one by Fudge. It's much cheaper on eBay. I use it and it's amaaaaaazing. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...