Friday 7 May 2010

Review: Rimmel's New 1-2-3 Looks Mascara

I got the new Rimmel mascara the other day whilst I was in Boots. I'd seen it advertised on TV but I wasn't overly impressed by it, surely you could just use less mascara rather than getting a gimmicky new product?!? But my mascara ran out and it was on offer for £5.99 (£2off) so I thought it couldn't hurt to try it out. Worse that will happen is I lose out on £5.99.


First of all I have to say I'm not overly keen on the packaging, its a bit fat and dumpy.

So the selling point of the product is that you can achieve 3 different looks with 1 mascara. You twist the top half of the tube to the number that you wanna use and away you go. I don't really get it though cause as far as I can see all that happens when you chose a different number is that there's more or less mascara on the wand.

Using the first setting it left quite a nice amount of mascara on my lashes and I was quite impressed. Today I tried it on number 2 and I felt that it made my lashes a little clump, so not so impressive.
I'm really bad for rubbing my eyes so I thought I would put it to the test and see how it held up. The results.... not very well.



I've not tried the mascara on the third setting but I'm not holding out much hope. I think it's definitely going to give me nice dark eyelashes but I can see it being quite clumpy.

For £5.99 its not a bad mascara but I don't think i would buy it again once it runs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...